Talk

Advanced search

Moaning two year old- newborn baby

(8 Posts)
Sutton15 Sun 17-Mar-19 07:20:09

Hi all
My two year old has had a lot of change over the last two weeks. We had a baby on 5th March and also moved Into a new home on 9th March.
We are now a week into the new home with our 12 day old baby and all she does is cry and moan.
Last Tuesday we had to take her to the drs as she had tonsillitis. That has now cleared up but she’s still moaning and crying constantly
Do you think it’s because of the baby, if so what can I do to make it stop?
I understand that she’s been ill but she’s never done this before. I’m so concerned this is how it’s going to be now and it’s raally not enjoyable 😒
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
SnuggyBuggy Sun 17-Mar-19 07:28:43

What's your toddlers day like, could they be bored?

Sutton15 Sun 17-Mar-19 07:44:43

We are constantly playing with her. My husband is still off work on paternity until Wednesday. We took her out round my mums yesterday to play with her cousins and she was still moaning all the time then goes into a crying state but won’t say why she’s crying

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Mar-19 08:54:38

If she's been poorly, I'd try a dose of Calpol and see if that perks her up.

Can your DH take her out for a bit today so that you can spend some time with the baby 1 on 1?

Sutton15 Sun 17-Mar-19 14:32:44

I’m think I’m going to keep the calpol up for a few more days.
My husband is going to take her to mother in laws tomorrow I think and see how she acts there. I just hope this is a settling in phase for her and it will end soon x

DrinkReprehensibly Sun 17-Mar-19 16:55:43

Tonsillitis is grim. I've just had two weeks off work with it and still have pain in my throat. Your toddler may still be recovering.

Sutton15 Mon 18-Mar-19 19:08:30

We’ve just got back from the doctor again as she has had an allergic reaction to the penicillin she was given! One thing after the other! The dr checked her over and said she’s just under the weather now but has no infection anymore so I’m hoping things will look up 🤞 thank you for all your replies

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 18-Mar-19 21:05:06

Lets hope things improve soon. I always used to worry when they were ill and they when they were better and wrecking the place I'd wish they were lying down again smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in