Developmental behaviour problem

(6 Posts)
Darshan123 Wed 27-Feb-19 22:53:44

My son is 3 yrs &9mth old. He has special condition called cpt-1 deficiency. Any one has this or heard about it please share experience.
He goes to school nursery. He is very clever in a way of educational. He started talking when he was 2 &1/2 yr old.
Teacher complaining that he doesn’t play with other children. He doesn’t listen sometimes.
Does he need educational assessments??

OP’s posts: |
HennyPennyHorror Thu 28-Feb-19 05:30:39

Has the teacher suggested assessment? If they have, then take it. It will do no harm at all and if there is a developmental issue, he will receive help sooner rather than later.

Darshan123 Thu 28-Feb-19 14:43:50

Hi henny,

Thank you for your reply. You are right is nothing going to be wrong. She was also saying he is clever. He knows all his numbers A to Z. Shapes,animals,colours etc. The only think we need to work out is his listening skills and his behaviour. Teachers needs repeat same thing so many times then he react. I don’t know what could be the reason.? But I m just worried that because of this reason is he going to be in special school?? Or in school does he get some kind of tag that he doesn’t get enough attention from teacher. And would that be affect on my child to get development problem. I am thinking too much. I don’t know what to do. Please help.

AladdinMum Thu 28-Feb-19 17:07:17

It is difficult to tell from your description. He could be socially delayed, not be able to interpret social cues, have attention deficits, or maybe none of these. So if there is a development issue it could be ADHD, ASD (Aspergers as you said he is very clever), or nothing at all, it is very difficult to tell from your description hence why if the school is concerned by his social development and an assessment is offered then it would be wise to take it.

HennyPennyHorror Thu 28-Feb-19 20:57:36

Are you in the UK? Nobody tags children...do you mean label? Try not to predict things...has he had a hearing test done recently?

Darshan123 Thu 02-May-19 13:20:40

Hi. I am back again. I met speech and therapist today. They said severe difficulties with speech. His thinking level is high but can not express himself in a language.
Appropriate attention, listening comprehensive,so all this things needs to be work on. Also they have refer to the audiology. I am really worried about hearing problem though I can not see any hearing problems and he has done his hearing test also when he born and it was perfect. I have also asked them about autism and she said it doesn’t looks like at the movement. But they have all above concerns which I have mentioned. Now again waiting for another appointment and it will be after 6 weeks. I am really getting worried. And feeling bad for my son that he has to gone through such a difficult situation. Please share your thoughts.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in