Talk

Advanced search

Introducing formula

(4 Posts)
rosegeorgia21 Tue 26-Feb-19 15:03:33

Hi guys - my son is 8 weeks old and is EBF. I just last night tried to introduce formula for his feed before bed in hope it would help him sleep more than 1.5hrs before waking.. thing is as soon as I gave him 4/5oz of the bottle he brang up what looked like the whole lot. He's generally a very sicky baby anyway and we are trying various things e.g gaviscon to help settle his tummy but it doesn't seem to work to much, and he still wanted to bf after. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to help him? I only bf him from one breast and he feeds every 1.5 hrs normally and it's just getting to much for my poor breast. and he slept a solid 4 hours last night after he fed so I think helped. Thanks in advance x

OP’s posts: |
rosydreams Tue 26-Feb-19 15:24:22

when i wanted to change over to formula i started bottle feeding breast milk first so she could get used to the bottle.Then after she got used to it i started adding just a little ready made formula to her breastmilk maybe a few ml and gradually over weeks add a little more. Eventually switching completely.

my daughter spat up a lot and this worked for her

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 26-Feb-19 18:46:00

Is there a reason that you're only feeding from one breast rose? smile

ElyElyOy Tue 26-Feb-19 19:38:26

I combi feed but need to add a thickener to formula to stop it being projectiled back up. You can put gaviscon in the milk, or carobel: speak to your GP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in