5 year old out of control

(5 Posts)
justanotherwave Sun 24-Feb-19 10:38:29

My 5 year old's behaviour I feel is so out of control. She is constantly smacking, hitting and kicking me and her 2 younger siblings. She says things like 'you're not even pretty' and 'if you don't do this for me I'm going to hit you'. It's awful and I've no idea where it's all come from. Any ideas how to discipline this type of behaviour please? She is also a serial liar and getting other people into trouble about it. She lies about school and what her teachers say, she screams at me to do her homework for her. She wrecks her toys, I am embarrassed to hang out with my friends anymore because she is such a bully to others. Please any advice would be appreciated. I'm worried I'm going to be evicted from my home because of the amount of screaming she does due to her tantrums. I'm a single parent with no help from their dad or my family.

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Feb-19 11:09:13

What do you do if she hits or kicks OP?

justanotherwave Sun 24-Feb-19 14:53:33

I send her to her room and once she comes out I tell her to apologise and take away something she enjoys like tv, dessert after dinner or something like that. But that doesn't seem to be working

OP’s posts: |
NoKnit Sun 24-Feb-19 16:45:43

How much time 1 to 1 do you get with her? I guess with 2 younger ones maybe not a lot and perhaps that might help?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Feb-19 18:17:53

How is she at school? Does she behave ok there?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in