Talk

Advanced search

8 month old not laughing

(2 Posts)
kittykatty Thu 05-Jul-07 12:43:56

hi
My 8 month old doesn't really laugh - she is extremely smiley and sociable e.g. very responsive to other people and tries to get attention for smiles etc but it is very difficult to actually make her laugh. My mum and a couple of other people have done it but generally she doesn't laugh. She squeals with excitement sometimes but it definitely isn't a laugh. I just haven't heard of this and just wondered whether this is a sign of anything like autism or some other kind of disorder or developmental delay. She has her 8 month check next week.
Thanks
K

mummymia Thu 05-Jul-07 14:03:27

Hi Kittykatty,
My DD was exactly the same but you had to work so hard for smiles too. I used to hear other friends babies laughing and wonder why mine didn't. Then it just happened and now she doesn't stop smiling and laughing!! She's 13 months now and I'd say things started to change around 8 or 9 months or so. So don't worry just yet, could just be that she's still growing her funny bones and is going to take off like my DD did!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now