Talk

Advanced search

STOP SCREAMING!!!

(4 Posts)
Bekiboom Wed 13-Feb-19 16:44:08

My son is currently 20 months old and screams 24/7. He screams when he is happy and when he is sad and when he is angry or frustrated. I have tried talking to him, tried naughty corner and naughty step, tried confiscating his favourite toy!!! I'm at my wits end. Please send help!!!

sevens7 Wed 13-Feb-19 18:02:28

He could be in pain or he can't hear, get him checked out.

Good luck

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 14-Feb-19 08:29:09

How's his speech Beki?

I agree with getting his hearing checked, you may be able to self refer for a hearing test or your HV should be able to refer you.

AladdinMum Thu 14-Feb-19 12:15:19

"tried naughty corner and naughty step, tried confiscating his favourite toy" - at 20 months? wow, sounds a bit harsh - not sure if they would be able to comprehend the concept of cause and effect in this situation. He would probably just be confused by your actions.

what kind of scream is it? what is his reaction immediately after it? is there any pattern to his screams? etc. There is clearly a reason why he is screaming, but certainly not because he is being naughty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: