Talk

Advanced search

10 year old girl moustache

(16 Posts)
thisisntmeok Fri 01-Feb-19 12:56:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepismysuperpower1 Fri 01-Feb-19 16:34:33

you could try using hair removal cream? the one i have linked is specifically for your face, however i just buy the one for your body and use a small amount (leave on for 3 mins). to wash off, i use a face cloth (flannel) not the scraper that comes with the tubes.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Feb-19 16:46:42

So sorry your DD has to put up with these stupid comments.

I have no idea on the facial hair sorry but your DD might benefit from some of these books smile

thisisntmeok Sat 02-Feb-19 20:13:55

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Feb-19 20:19:32

Shaving is just going to turn t into stubble, well I assume it would.

How about hair removal cream or sugaring?

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 03-Feb-19 09:58:32

shaving isnt a great idea, it will just turn to stubble. i would just use a hair removal cream before bed, then smother her face in sudocrem

MrsMaow Tue 05-Feb-19 16:01:54

Poor girl, I too had a moustache that age and my mum wouldn’t let me do anything about it and I was teased relentlessly.

I use this to get rid of it now - can’t cut myself and it takes seconds every few days to keep completely smooth. You only have to use the trimmer once to get it to the length that the shaver will work

www.amazon.co.uk/Intimate-Area-Bikini-Cleancut-Shaver/dp/B00065GP9E?tag=mumsnetforum-21

lovely36 Wed 06-Feb-19 12:35:14

How about shaving it using those facial hair removal shavers? I have an electric one I bought from boots which is for facial hair and it doesn't grow into a stubble like people say. I shave my face every week or so. Nothing worse than getting teased about your appearance as a child.

ElyElyOy Wed 06-Feb-19 19:35:25

I’d be inclined to leave it: sadly kids can be mean about all sorts of things. What if they teased her for being too big/small/wearing glasses/being too clever/not being clever enough/having red hair etc? Maybe a chat with the teacher and they can do a lesson on Differences (or whatever they call it now). My niece has a facial deformity and was briefly subjected to bullying in primary school: the teacher (not making reference to my niece at all) did a few special classes and it seemed to stop pretty instantly and never occurred again. In fact the class actually became quite protective of her.

It will probably improve a bit as she gets older anyway, and then she could (if she wants to and asks to do something about it) look at using a mild bleach (after patch testing). Removal would be my last resort at this age.

I was teased for having hairy arms spots and a moustache briefly (puberty angry) but then that cleared up and I got mildly teased for being a “square” and then for being “too skinny”. Kids just change what they “see” as they get older and it’s better to teach her to feel confident in herself than to change to the sporadic and changing will of her peers smile

andjam10 Wed 06-Feb-19 20:15:03

I would take her to the GP just to check that she isn't going through precocious puberty. Very unlikely, she may just be hairy and dark haired - apologies if that sounds bad. I was too. She does sound very young though for noticeable dark hair. You probably already have, and I do not expect you to reply here, but please check if she is starting to get pubic hair. 10 is really quite young if so and I would speak to your GP. If so please don't ignore precocious puberty as it can result in a very early menopause, resulting in very early infertility.

I absolutely fucking hated having to shower with my entire class when I was at school. I was 'lucky' enough to hit puberty before anyone else so was a laughing stock for the first year or so. Then it became the poor buggers who had a late puberty after the bullies had grown tits and pubes. Like the ones I had that they took the piss out of me for. Aye, righto.

thisisntmeok Thu 07-Feb-19 20:26:03

LongDivision Thu 07-Feb-19 22:18:06

I think the best option is to go with her to have it waxed. It only takes a few minutes, and it doesn't grow back much afterwards (you can probably pluck any stray hairs that do grow back). I had one as a child and, although self-conscious about it, never did anything about it until my mid-20s. I wish I'd thought to do it earlier in my life, as it took a couple of minutes then it was gone forever. I realised I'd been suffering needlessly! I felt beautiful afterwards... and no one really noticed (or didn't say anything).

Allusernamestakenbutthis Sun 10-Feb-19 14:20:20

I had this problem and if your daughter wants your help, please help her! As a short term solution you can wax, but really the only thing that works effectively is laser hair removal and she's probably too young for that.

eponine8 Tue 12-Feb-19 20:51:23

Can’t believe nobody else has mentioned threading! Best solution for facial hair. Much better than waxing etc

confusedandcrazymother Wed 13-Feb-19 01:28:48

Bleaching at this age!!
Please do not remove it, it will only come back thicker and darker and poor girl is too young to handle pain of threading and waxing. Get some Jolene.
When she’s older, if her upper lip is still visible even when blonde then resort to a life time of threading.

BeeMyBaby Wed 13-Feb-19 08:39:06

I agree with PP confused, Jolene cream works great, when she's older you can invest in a home ipl machine (about £200) as they are great for facial hair and much cheaper than having to visit a salon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »