Talk

Advanced search

Baby Chatting all night

(2 Posts)
BBear Mon 02-Jul-07 20:13:50

Can anyone advise me - my 9 week old "talks" from 3am - and loudly - I can hardly sleep (even with two earplugs in) He is quite happy murmuring/gurgling and saying ahhh and I think he's asleep for most of the time as he then starts properly shouting for his feed at 5am . I don't engage with him (avoid eye contact and just pat and shhh or change the nappy in near darkness when he seem awake) but he never stops! I have recently started doing a dreamfeed bet 10 and 11pm in the hope that I might get some more sleep (I have Multiple Sclerosis and am getting so overtired I'm in danger of relapse) Has this disrupted his sleep (he normally feeds at 2-3 am then 4-6am) He's more chatty in the day too (all my fault as I'm a chatterbox. Help! any advice please!! I don't want to put him in another room with baby monitor but as he is getting louder and louder chatting but I'm desperate....

Elasticwoman Mon 02-Jul-07 20:45:00

Why not put him in a room without a baby monitor so that he only wakes you if he really shouts?

Can dh then go and get him for you and take him back after the feed? (Might be a lot to ask I know>)

Sorry to hear you have MS. My cousin has had it for 20+ years; her dc are grown up now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now