Talk

Advanced search

Dyspraxia

(5 Posts)
mumoftwo1988 Fri 25-Jan-19 18:23:10

Hi has anyone child been diagnosed with dysplasia? What was the process? My son has had a hospital appointment where they ruled out any medical issues and said it's likely to be dyspraxia and referred him to physio to get properly assessed but that's as far as we have got and it's taken months

mumoftwo1988 Fri 25-Jan-19 18:24:56

Dyspraxia not dysplasia

MumUnderTheMoon Sat 26-Jan-19 16:02:10

I have dyspraxia and my dd is due to be assessed. I was assessed privately because I am an adult and there aren't assessments for adults,unless they acquire it through brain injury, in NI. I was observed at home doing everyday tasks I think with kids it's usually in a professional setting outside the home they'll look at things like how the child walks, sits, gets up from sitting, can they throw and catch a ball etc. But also their speech patterns and can they accurately measure time eg can they tell you when a minute has passed without looking at the clock it depends on the age of the child.

JoRose11 Sat 16-Feb-19 11:20:00

My son has just been diagnosed with dyspraxia and inattentive ADHD, took a long time as he is now 11. School did a screening checklist and referred him to a paediatrician who diagnosed. He’s now going to have OT. I was hoping to see if anyone has any experience of helping with toileting coordination for dyspraxia?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 16-Feb-19 17:27:15

Jo you might be better starting your own thread in SN Chat smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: