Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ds has fallen aleep... do I wake him and face the tantrum???

(14 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 17:28:07

he has been gone for 15 mins - I carried him uptairs and dumped him on his bed and he is now snoring away. He is 3 in aug but has not napped since last year.

He has been tantrumming all afternoon but if I let him sleep surely he will wake up and not want to sleep at 7 (normal bedtime)?? I think I know I need to bite the bullet but I just don't want to deal with another tantrum - he has been getting very punchy and aggressive

please someone tell me he will sleep till 6am and be a lovely little boy again[hopeful emoticon].....

NAB3 Thu 28-Jun-07 17:30:04

I doubt he will sleep until 6am. I would let him have half an hour and then start making some noise to wake him up.

PestoMonster Thu 28-Jun-07 17:31:57

I would let him sleep, he obviously needs it. It'll give you a break too. Play it by ear when he wakes up. He's probably exhausted himself if he's been tantrumming all afternoon. Maybe a nice relaxing bath before bed will help him unwind a bit and it won't be too bad.

Fingers crossed for you!

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 17:32:24

I was thinking of wafting choc milk under his nose... I am such a coward

3sEnough Thu 28-Jun-07 17:33:26

I would wake him personally - the thought of not going to bed is enough to put large amounts of terror in my heart!

NoodleStroodle Thu 28-Jun-07 17:33:45

Let sleeping toddlers sleep.

Mad to wake him up.

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 17:35:39

Thank pesto - but the mention of bath made my blood run cold - as that was the focus of hi monumental tantrum - I gave him a bath to get the paint of him and he did not want to come out - I eventually had to physically restrain him from reentering bathroom - nooooo more baths please

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 17:43:38

exactly 3senough - I don't fancy trying to get him back to sleep at 10pm... and we ahve a big day tommorrow going to London.

On the other hand he looks so peaceful and dh is going to be late again and keeps missing ds so.... I am torn

NAB3 Thu 28-Jun-07 17:44:49

I don't think the tantrum will pick up where it left off. He may be cross that you have woken him up but the nap should have taken the edge off his tiredness without making him too awake to go to bed tonight.

wishingfourgotone Thu 28-Jun-07 17:45:23

my dd 1yo has had non stop tantrums today too then she went passed nap time so i have tried my damned hardest to get her to sleep despite the fact it was 4ish as i know no nap means she more likely to sleep than if she gets overtired

NAB3 Thu 28-Jun-07 17:46:06

Mine slept better at night the more they napped in the day. DS1 still loves his bed at age 6.

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 18:07:58

I woke him with choc milk and a T the T vid - I will take him to bed at 8 - hopefully all will be well

He shouted at me at first and for 5 mins I thought I was making a big mistake - but he is lovely now

PestoMonster Thu 28-Jun-07 18:10:32

Glad to hear it. Didn't realise about the bath earlier!

bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 28-Jun-07 18:32:59

why would you realie pesto? - one day ds will be impossible to get into a bath so i should make the most of this phase... sigh...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now