Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dummies - when to get rid?

(4 Posts)
bohemianbint Thu 28-Jun-07 12:59:55

DS refused one until he was 4 months, then he took it one day and as if by magic he suddenly went down for naps and slept through, so I'm pretty grateful for that.

He's now 10 months and I don't want him having one forever. He only has it at sleep times now (or if he's teething and very upset) but I'm wondering if there's an optimum time to get rid of it? Or is he still a bit young to worry about it?

And is it just a case of going to cold turkeY? I've got the fear in case he won't sleep without it and I really don't want to traumatise him in taking it away....

Marne Thu 28-Jun-07 13:01:55

ASAP

Both my dd's have them, dd1 (3) only has one for bed, dd2 (15 months) is atatched to hers most of the day.

Tamdin Thu 28-Jun-07 13:02:10

imo he's still very young and if he only has it at nap times don't worry about it. If he was 2,3 or even 4 then it might be an idea to get rid of it but 10 months is still so little

wishingfourgotone Thu 28-Jun-07 13:04:25

my dd1yo and she only has hers for nap time when realy upset, or bedtime! i am also wandering i think some days she does nap without it i really try to wait to the point neither of us can take anymore without it,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now