Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been through similar?

(6 Posts)
Jennyfirsttimemum Mon 31-Dec-18 07:17:51

Hi guys,

Have any of you been through a similar experience when your Bub was around 5 months old...

She constantly chews on her fists...
Takes ages to settle for naps / refuses naps...
Bedtime shifted to an hour later....
Drooling so much.......

She is breastfed... sometimes refuses to feed for long and starts chewing on fist again..

Any help much appreciated. I'm wondered if it's teething but she's just turned 5 months....

X

OP’s posts: |
yesyesyep Mon 31-Dec-18 09:06:12

Sounds like it might be teething. Excessive dribbling, LOTS of chewing and disturbed sleep are classic teething symptoms. She may be in pain. Has she got any teeth yet?

yesyesyep Mon 31-Dec-18 09:12:13

My little one got her first tooth at 3 months so teething is a strong possibility.

Jennyfirsttimemum Mon 31-Dec-18 09:37:24

Many thanks for your reply.

I have had a look in her mouth and can't see any teeth.

But her gums feel hard? Could that be the start?

What's the best thing to do to ease her pain? She isn't interested in teething rings or her Sophie Giraffe....

OP’s posts: |
yesyesyep Mon 31-Dec-18 09:46:24

I've never found a perfect resolution, but there is lots on the market available.

DD is STILL teething now at 19 months, but it's not as bad as the early days. They say the first set is the most painful.

We use calpol which really helps, but we've used Ashton parsons teething powders before with some effect. Some people speak of amber bracelets but I've never got around to trying it. We use dribble bibs for all the dribble and let her chew on baby safe objects. Never had luck with teethers, but if you stick a teether in the freezer, they can get quite a lot of relief from the cold. Might be worth a go?

It helps to know it's just a phase and they will cut soon and then it won't be so bad. I didn't notice teeth growing until they were through, it was always the dribbling and the disturbed sleep/gumming everything! 5 months is pretty spot on.

Good luck comrade.

Lara53 Mon 31-Dec-18 12:26:56

Ashton’s teething powders or teeth’s teething granules are amazing -wet your finger and rub on gums rather than pouring into mouth as instructions state as my boys always used to choke and spit them out

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in