Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OMG put ds (22 months) into a big bed tonight for the first time and HOW many times has he got out?????....

(10 Posts)
Miaou Mon 25-Jun-07 21:31:15

None!!

Absolutely can't believe it myself!

I heard him singing to himself for quite a while, then all went quiet ... not heard a peep from him since 8pm. Usually (ie in his cot) he takes ages to settle and I need to go in and lie him down again.

Long may it continue ...

beansprout Mon 25-Jun-07 21:32:29

Oh fab!! We had a good transition too - what a relief!

Tatties Mon 25-Jun-07 21:32:47

Lucky you

Mommalove Mon 25-Jun-07 21:33:35

Message withdrawn

stoppinattwo Mon 25-Jun-07 21:35:27

I shall reserve judgement till the end of the week miaou

Well done to your DS though for tonight.

XXX

WaynettaSlob Mon 25-Jun-07 21:38:58

Without meaning to rain on your parade, if your DS is like mine, it took my DS1 about 3 weeks to work out he could climb out of the bed, and then that was it!! Couldn't keep him in it!

WaynettaSlob Mon 25-Jun-07 21:40:03

Sorry - just re-read that, and think it might sound really prissy - didn't mean it too, meant to say
"Well done you, and enjoy it"

Miaou Mon 25-Jun-07 21:40:13

Well, absolutely, stoppinattwo

Tbh, I don't expect it to always be this easy (have done the cot-to-bed thing with dd1 and dd2 so know the score!). The way I look at it is, well he has done it once so he CAN do it (even if he doesn't do it again for a while ).

Though I have to say from memory the dds were both the same ...

Does help having older siblings. For the past couple of weeks he has been climbing into dd1's bed, pulling up the covers and saying "night night!" - so he knew what beds were for!

Miaou Mon 25-Jun-07 21:47:45

lol waynetta - I was amazed that ds didn't work out how to get out! I said to dh after I left the room, "I give it 20 minutes before we see him!"

Should have put that caveat in my OP - "I know it might not be like this every time from now on"

uberalice Mon 25-Jun-07 21:57:27

Well done. Ds1 went into big bed last August, aged 2.3 and to this day he has never got out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now