Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's the weirdest thing your kids have slept with lately?

(82 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sat 23-Jun-07 20:34:35

Mine: DS2 (2.9 or something) slept with my old broken bike seat last night.

PersonalClown Sat 23-Jun-07 20:36:17

Do I count?

cece Sat 23-Jun-07 20:36:31

Not sure if this counts but my dd has phases of slepping with dolls stuffed up her pj top. One night I found 3 up there! (baby annabel sized!) I take them out when I go to bed.

NotQuiteCockney Sat 23-Jun-07 20:37:10

Is she pregnant with them?

McDreamy Sat 23-Jun-07 20:38:17

I went into DD last night, she was asleep on her side with her colured stones arranged/balanced on her hip - quite a feat really

Lilliput Sat 23-Jun-07 20:38:17

A pastry brush, he is his father's son. (Dh is a chef, I'm not implying I look like a pastry brush )

TooTicky Sat 23-Jun-07 20:38:22

Dd2 (nearly 2) was very taken with a postcard recently.

Chirpygirl Sat 23-Jun-07 20:38:22

DD (16 months) sleeps with a toy mobile phone and when she wakes in the night we can hear her calling her 'Dada' and having a chat with him before going back to sleep.

cece Sat 23-Jun-07 20:45:21

Yes I assume taht is the game she is playing, then falls asleep!

bozza Sat 23-Jun-07 20:50:03

DD has been surprisingly mainstream tonight and gone to sleep with a rather nice looking teddy bear. The reason the teddy bear is looking so great is because she has ignored it for the last 3 years(it was given to her at birth). She has been through weird phases though - a plastic teapot lid and plastic jar of peanut butter was one, a plastic strawberry was another, that sort of thing.

DS, if he sleeps with anything it is usually Gas from MPower. Although he did take "classic pooh" as he calls him on holiday.

Flamesparrow Sat 23-Jun-07 20:54:45

A wool nappy wrap (Clean I might add...) 15 months

DD sleeps with books, a little figurine, or when she first got them = her crocs!! (4yrs_

suedonim Sat 23-Jun-07 20:54:55

Dd2 (age 11) is currently sharing her bed with a spotty gecko. Luckily it's plastic but she reckons it keeps the mosquitoes away so who am I to argue?

essanel Sat 23-Jun-07 20:56:28

I remember my nephew sleeping with a box of cornflakes from a variety pack he had been sleeping with for about 3 weeks (sellotaped together) until he came to stay with us and my mum assumed it was his breakfast and couldn't understand why he was sobbing all through breakfast - he is 16 now and we still remind my mum of this saying it was like ripping the head of his favourite teddy and scarring him for life!

themaskedposter Sat 23-Jun-07 20:57:17

currently dd is sleeping with a hippo (not a real one - this one is about 10" by 5" and is plastic) he is called 'hippo the elephant'

MrsBigD Sat 23-Jun-07 20:58:41

my ds (2.9 also) has taken a shine to one of our vaccuum attachments, not sure what it's actually used for as I never have so far but he likes snuggling up to it and biting the edges.

bellaprincess Sat 23-Jun-07 21:02:25

DD is currently sleeping with:-

Blankie No.1
Blankie No.2
A scarf
A teddie
A cat
A dog
A rabbit
another teddie
A pink dinosaur
Nemo the fish
another dog
An elephant

and last but not least a postcard of Gorden the tank engine.
God knows how she fits in the bed but she does. Although she did fall out of bed the other night.

mytwopenceworth Sat 23-Jun-07 21:04:40

ds1 has his new trainers under his pillow and I haven't checked, but I bet ds2 has a bed full of books, like always! Not very weird though, just uncomfy!

lemonaid Sat 23-Jun-07 21:05:44

DS took a spoon to bed tonight .

Toothyboy Sat 23-Jun-07 21:06:39

Lol at essanel's nephew's cornflakes!!

Tonight ds1 has a plastic golf club, a postcard of marching soldiers and tomorrow's pants (he doesn't want to forget which ones he's already chosen!).

southeastastra Sat 23-Jun-07 21:07:38

aw that's cute nqc, it's weird how children become attached to things

MrsBigD Sat 23-Jun-07 21:08:08

bellaprincess I can probably beat that - dd (5.5) is currently snuggled up in her bed with

5 Bratz Dolls
A snake
2 teddies
3 hippos
her snuggle pillow
a huge panda bear
another huge bear
tigger
pooh
a soft doll

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:10:40

DS1 (2.6) likes his Bob the Builder hard hat at the mo, also his wooden tool kit, various books and bits of lego, cant be very comfortable!

christywhisty Sat 23-Jun-07 22:01:06

DD 9 only happy if she has an unwashed nightie of mine, has even been known to sleep with big brothers sock

She is one of those children with very heightened senses and says she likes the smell, or the feel of clothes.

alycat Sat 23-Jun-07 22:12:54

Flamesparrow, my DS slept with his croclings (crocs with neoprene tops and straps) for weeks after he first got them - I had to keep sneaking them off for a wash so his bed didn't get muddy!

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Jun-07 22:16:27

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now