School work help

(6 Posts)
lexxy2793 Tue 04-Dec-18 15:40:29

My nearly 7 year old son is in the process of being diagnosed with ADHD and autism. Mentally he is very clever, he can do mental maths and can read but because he is poor at writing and because he won't read his school book (he has to read the school ones to go up levels, even though I am writing what he is reading at home in his diary) he is behind. He's got his SATs this year and I'm looking for any advice to help him do his work at home

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 05-Dec-18 07:55:51

I’ve long ago given up on worrying about SATS. In my opinion, the results are for the school rather than the child so please don’t worry.

Getting him to read his reading book is different though. Given his diagnosis, I’m not sure how you can get him to read it.

Have you asked on SN Chat? There are some lovely experienced MNers in there who might be able to offer some suggestions thanks

lexxy2793 Wed 05-Dec-18 13:39:23

I havnt on that chat. I'll post now. Thank you

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 06-Dec-18 19:21:55

I hope you get sone support on there smile

TigerQuoll Fri 07-Dec-18 05:11:02

Can you ask his school for special consideration, so that he can read what he likes to go up levels?

lexxy2793 Fri 07-Dec-18 09:43:34

No they won't do it sad apparently they don't know if he has full comprehension of the story. I said he can tell you about it but they won't budge

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in