Advanced search

how many toys does your baby have?

(8 Posts)
pistachio Fri 22-Jun-07 18:57:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FioFio Fri 22-Jun-07 18:57:55

Message withdrawn

compo Fri 22-Jun-07 18:58:29

I wouldn't worry. She'll get loads for her first birthday and from then on your house will be full of plastic very loud bleeping noisy things until she is 10+

mytwopenceworth Fri 22-Jun-07 19:01:34

You know what the best toys are for her? Household stuff and general crap.

I don't mean give her the Domestos , but wooden spoon, cloth, felt, velvet, brush, pinecone etc etc. far better than a bit of plastic, imo.

Bamzooki Fri 22-Jun-07 19:06:19

After her birthday and Christmas you won't be able to see your floors anymore. Savour the moment while it lasts!!!!

elesbells Fri 22-Jun-07 19:08:05

agree household stuff is the best..my 15 m dd just loves a wooden spoon and a saucepan! she was given lots of toys for her first birthday so im sure yours will be too! it will drive you nuts!!

pistachio Fri 22-Jun-07 19:25:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Indith Fri 22-Jun-07 19:36:15

Ds is 5 months or so and has 2 rattles, a play mat/gym, a book, stacking cups (not that he is old enough to stack them yet but knocking them down is great fun) and a million cuddly toys, all gifts, of which he plays with 2 (Mr Clown who is great company in the day and a rabbit who lives in his cot and he holds onto to go to sleep).

Feet, newspaper, his own clothes, his pots of bottom butter, my hair, hands, pens etc are far more fun.

I would like to think that I will remain reasonable with toys. Just add things like bricks as he gets older but I know people will continue to buy stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now