Talk

Advanced search

Bouncing backwards to head-end of cot - is this just a phase?

(5 Posts)
Hels67 Thu 21-Jun-07 10:11:53

Hi there,

DD (25 weeks) is bouncing backwards - lying down- in her cot while going to sleep at night, leading to complete panic when she bounced off the sensor pad entirely and the alarm went off!

When she is asleep she doesn't seem to move around at all, but when she wakes early in the morning, she plays with her toys and then bounces again, reaching the end of the cot and then she wakes us crying because she can't go any further!

Is this just a phase or the start of her bid for freedom?

Hels

Soph73 Thu 21-Jun-07 10:22:12

Our ds (who's 5 now) has, what we call, kicky legs. He lays on the bed and moves both his knees up towards his body then pushes them back down. He does this really quickly, which sends him scooting up towards the head end of the bed! He now only does this just before he falls asleep and just as he wakes up in the morning. When he was a baby he would actually throw his legs up into the air and then throw them back down again, which meant he would literally shoot backwards. Although it was a bit disconcerting at the time he is doing it less and less as he gets older. I know this doesn´t really help but it´s just nice to know that your lo is doing something similar to our ds And, like you say, it´s probably a bid for freedom - maybe she´s trying to tell you she wants a big bed

smallwhitecat Thu 21-Jun-07 10:35:17

Message withdrawn

Nemo2007 Thu 21-Jun-07 10:37:03

Its at this age I stopped using sensor pads. DD2 is at the same stage now[shes 5.5mths as can never remember weeks] and she bounces all over the place. Weather has been warm enough for her not to need a blanket.She also spins herself around now to go in the opposite direction.

Hels67 Mon 25-Jun-07 09:20:27

Hi guys,
Thanks for your advice

I do hope that it is not a bigger cot that she needs as she's already in a cot-bed (so longer than a cot)!

SWC, DD has been in a grobag since 2mths, as she always kicked off the covers, but that doesn't seem to make any difference - she can still manage to shuffle/bounce herself to the end of the bed.

The main problem is that she gets to the end of the bed, realises that she can't go any further and then falls asleep in a really awkward position, with her little head at a funny angle - DH and I move her when we go to bed, but otherwise she has to stay like that until the morning.

I think we will probably stop using the sensor pad soon - I didn't often use it with the alarm, it was just comforting to see the little green light flashing on regularly.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she'll be able to shuffle/bounce in the other direction to make herself more comfortable .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now