Almost 2 year old keeps biting older sister

(2 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 10-Nov-18 08:03:48

If you think it’s coming from frustration, is there a pattern to when LO bites? For example if it’s near nap time or could the older one be being a little bossy? I’m not victim blaming though, just trying to see if there are any triggers.

How’s her speech and understanding generally? Talking Point do a useful checker here smile

breathandrelax Fri 09-Nov-18 22:14:45

Any ideas on how to get 23 month old to stop biting. She’s been really aggressive recently and keeps biting her 4 year old sister. Last week on her bottom, yesterday on her arm and today on her FACE! Each time bruising her poor skin. It’s really heartbreaking for my older daughter. Today she said “why does she keep biting me, is it because she doesn’t like me?” to which I had to reply and explain that it’s because she can’t talk and explain what she wants (she isn’t yet stringing sentences)

Anyway any help would be much appreciated. I have tried explaining softly and firmly that no biting is allowed. That it hurts her sister and that mummy will be very cross. I don’t know what the right thing to do or say is.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in