Smacking

(2 Posts)
SiTay Mon 05-Nov-18 21:57:34

Our 20 month old DS smacks.

If our DS can't get his own way he'll smack us. It's like if he's frustrated he'll smack anything actually.
He's normally got a lovely nature and he's really lovely but he's going through a phase that if something doesn't slightly go his way he'll lash out and hit what ever is in his arms length.

Can anyone please help give us some advise, we've tried ignoring it, laughing, telling him no all sorts, but I know we're not being consistent I just don't know what is the "right thing" to do

OP’s posts: |
Merename Mon 05-Nov-18 22:40:10

Our dd went through a hitty phase, although probably a little older. We tended to say something like ‘I won’t let you hurt me/whoever’ and warning if she did it again we’d take away the toy she had, or remove a treat etc, and follow through when she did. It did seem to work after doing it consistently for a while although she still does it now and again when really pissed off and she’s nearly 3. Pretty normal I’d say. We also talked about her doing it when she feels angry and other things she can do when angry etc.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in