Whingeing 11 month old :(

(4 Posts)
Issy777 Thu 01-Nov-18 18:28:00

Just after half term holidays, 11 month old dd has turned into whingiest baby!!
It's really getting me down, I work 4 days a week. Every time she's picked from her grandparents or childminder , the minute we get home she starts moaning/crying/whingeing .

It's something she never did before so out of character so really gets me down , it's got to the point I dread home time now as instead of having a battle after a long day after work just having her moaning, nothing I do seems to placate to her-

I basically end up having to carry her round
Trying to feed her then counting down the minutes to her bedtime sad which is awful as I already feel guilty leaving her

I'm just wondering has this happened to anyone else's dc? Could it just be a phase? I was thinking cos it just started after the half term when I was off that she's just unsettled getting back into routine but does anyone have any tips?
It's so hard being a working parent but coming home to Non stop whingeing baby is so much difficult

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 02-Nov-18 12:01:06

Perhaps she’s just tired and enjoyed spending time with you last week? Can I suggest a few cuddles this week and don’t try to do too much with her?

Issy777 Fri 02-Nov-18 14:16:08

@JiltedJohnsJulie

Ah thanks as soon as he gets home from childcare she's in the house til bedtime so maybe she's overstimulated

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 02-Nov-18 14:28:07

I’m sure it’s a phase. If she’s tired, have you tried sticking her in bed a little earlier? The hour change can’t have helped either smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in