Need advice on DD (7)

(7 Posts)
Dizzylin Mon 24-Sep-18 14:31:46

Back in May our DD complained of feeling sick most days. She only vomited twice, on two separate days about 4 weeks apart. She tended to be playful and her usual self one minute but saying she felt sick the next. It got to the point that the doctors referred her to Paediatrics but then all of a sudden she was ok so we cancelled the referral.

Last week she started saying she felt sick again but, like a few months ago, she's ok one minute and feeling sick the next. For example I had a call from school saying she felt sick and we decided between us to see how she got on (she hadn't been sick), when I picked her up she came shooting out of school screaming excitedly but when I asked her how she was feeling her face fell and she said she felt sick. School have just rung again saying she's feeling sick again but they've also noticed she's ok most of the time and they are worried something is going on.

Please can somebody advise me how I can approach this, I don't want her thinking I don't believe her and we need to know what's going on.

In May she was doing SATs (Y2), her class structure has changed so I am wondering if she is struggling with thr change?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Sep-18 16:41:10

So has she not been sick since May OP?

Dizzylin Mon 24-Sep-18 17:10:56

No, no sickness since May. I've had a chat with her after school she says there's nothing wrong or worrying her. The only thing she's said is that she been weeing a lot but otherwise everything is ok.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 24-Sep-18 17:47:20

Well it’s good that the sickness has stopped. Is she seeing a lot at home?

Dizzylin Mon 24-Sep-18 18:18:33

Not that I've noticed, she tends to just take herself off to the toilet now. She's never been a big drinker and hasn't had a lot to drink today but she said she went to the toilet 3 times in 3 hours this afternoon, she has also been since getting home from school - that is a lot for her.

BeeMyBaby Tue 25-Sep-18 07:58:50

Does she only feel sick in school? My DD1 felt sick for the whole summer term (April-June) last year when she was 7. It started with an actual illness but the. It was just in her head it seemed, we took her to the doctors a few times so that school would stop sending her home. In the end we decided it was a little to do with anxiety and also with stuffiness. We also stopped her hot lunches and gave her packed lunch so that she did t have to eat it if she wasn't feeling great.

Dizzylin Tue 25-Sep-18 12:09:44

She did occationally complain of feeling sick at home but it was mainly at School. This time it's only been at school, so far.

I've made a docs appointment just to rule out water infection.

Fingers crossed I've not had a call today.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in