Talk

Advanced search

Dummy

(4 Posts)
SandyA13 Wed 19-Sep-18 04:51:13

Hi can anyone help, my grandson who is 6mth old is breastfed but he will not have a bottle or dummy , I'm trying to help his mum have a little more time to herself . She expresses milk but he still refuses bottle and dummy. Please you lovely ladies any ideas

OP’s posts: |
cushioncuddle Wed 19-Sep-18 20:57:25

Try giving his milk in a little cup. He may take it from that in small sips if he won't take a bottle.

beccii161016 Thu 20-Sep-18 13:58:09

It may be the type of bottle that he doesn't like, it could be worth trying more than one brand although I appreciate they're not cheap! Failing that, he is old enough to drink from a training cup or sippy cup so maybe try that instead? It will mean she doesn't have to wean little one off bottles then!

In terms of dummy, have you tried a comforter or blanket? When we took DS' dummy away at 11 months, he replaced it with a blanket which he holds and puts in his mouth on occasion. That's his little comfort. Again, it would be better in terms of not having to wean little one off a dummy in the future

Good luck smile

Sar4h Sun 14-Oct-18 08:50:53

Hi Sandy,

Are you still having trouble?

A couple of my friends from the NCT group I did had this same problem and found a test and trial with different bottles or teats was what they needed to do. I suggested the MaM bottle as that is what my DD will use when my partner feeds her and it has worked wonders for them.

There is a baby showing coming up at the olympia in London (not sure how local that is for you) and often they will give out free sample bottles or there will be brands that can offer advice. Might be worth a try. smile

Keep at it, he will get there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in