Talk

Advanced search

Sudden extreme hyperactivity in four year old

(1 Post)
WeAreStars Thu 23-Aug-18 09:42:11

Help please!! Im tearing my hair out!! For the past two weeks or so my four year old daughter has been constantly hyperactive from the moment she wakes to the moment she goes to sleep. She swings from excitable to angry and back again and yet apparently she's fine at nursery!! I have no idea what's going on and why she is suddenly like this, I'm not feeding her anything different, its just bizarre. The only slight difference in her life is that she's doing slightly longer days at nursery (5 and a half hours rather than three) but she was completely fine the first week of it so I can't understand why she's suddenly gone crazy.

In the past she has had moments of hyperactive behaviour but I could always attribute a reason to it such as bring overtired, over stimulated etc, but at the moment it's constant and continuous irrespective of how much sleep she's had or any other factors. Shes really clingy too, follows me from room to room and shouts after me the minute I'm out of sight. She's also refusing to play on her own and badgers me constantly, driving me crazy generally!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in