Talk

Advanced search

Teething recommendations

(8 Posts)
nwlondoner Tue 21-Aug-18 13:31:00

Can anyone recommend what they found worked best for their teething baby please? I've tried Nelsons granules and Dentinox but they haven't worked too well.

OP’s posts: |
Youvegotafriendinme Tue 21-Aug-18 14:51:01

Anbesol liquid is your friend! You get it at the pharmacy and it’s about £5/6. You can put it on every 3 hours then use detinox/calpol gel in between. It really does work wonders

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Aug-18 18:59:38

How old is baby OP?

nwlondoner Wed 22-Aug-18 07:08:43

@JiltedJohnsJulie she's 4 months.

nwlondoner Wed 22-Aug-18 07:09:19

@Youvegotafriendinme I keep hearing about anbesol. I'll definitely look into it thanks!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 22-Aug-18 07:15:20

Ok if she’s 4 months that rules out things like ice lollies...

Have you tried her with a dose of Ibruprofen? It’s much better for dental pain than paracetamol.

nwlondoner Wed 22-Aug-18 10:14:36

@JiltedJohnsJulie I haven't tried ibuprofen yet but I'm going to buy some so it's there incase nothing else works. Thanks!

enidlowrij Thu 13-Sep-18 22:14:23

the teething gel is linked to some illnesses id do research on the medicens because i remember reading some scary stuff on it. calpol and neuroffen didnt work at all for me. the teething powder all natual did in the beginning not any more and so did breastmilk lollies and chamomile tea in a cloth and shoved in the freezer, that really worked but got lazy doing it he hated the taste of chamomile lollies though but loved the little frozen cloth. also my son loves the silicone toothbrush from morrisons.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in