Talk

Advanced search

Hypermobility and speech delay

(3 Posts)
Babbles1223 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:38:06

Hello,

Just looking for a bit of support / advice. My DD is 2 years and 2 months - she can’t walk unaided or talk. She literally doesn’t say a single word. She was diagnosed with hypermobility at around 15 months, she learnt to crawl around 17 months, started pulling up to standing in March, and cruising shortly after that. She’s been given Piedro boots, has Physio, portage and speech and language therapy. It just feels like we’ve hit a wall with her progression. She is so incrediably wobbly, no where near being able to walk on her own. She babbles a lot, just no words at all. She also screeches ALL the time, it’s horrible and very distressing. She screams in the car, in the pushchair, and when we go shopping anywhere. She just seems so miserable and frustrated. We tried to get referred to see a paediatrician back in December, but this was rejected. Should I ask again? I’m concerned there’s more to this than just hypermobility.

Any help appreciated. sad

BackforGood Sat 11-Aug-18 22:46:43

I certainly would be seeking a Paed appt., yes.
If your GP won't / hasn't referred you, get your portage worker onside, or your physio, or your SaLT. Sometimes another professional supporting you, alters the perception of those receiving the referral.

Babbles1223 Sun 12-Aug-18 06:33:42

Okay, thank you. I’ll take her back to ththe GP on monday. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: