Talk

Advanced search

Teenager and girlfriend in his bedroom

(6 Posts)
onedayatatime73 Fri 10-Aug-18 18:31:38

Can I ask views on bringing girlfriend home and taking up to his bedroom and closing door?

He’s my sds. Age 15. First girlfriend. She’s 16. When he brings her back they go up to his room and shut the door. Dp happy with this. I’m not as we have two young dd. But (long story) I don’t have much say in he does.

I’m not comfortable because I don’t personally like it as a precedent (wouldn’t want my own daughters doing it) but want to make sure I’m not just an old dinosaur and this is considered the done thing these days?

SnuggyBuggy Fri 10-Aug-18 19:33:19

I think once he is 16 it's ok as long as they behave discreetly.

ElyElyOy Fri 10-Aug-18 20:30:05

I don’t see an issue with it personally. If they were crashing about dangling from the chandeliers then maybe it would be an issue, but if they are just cuddling and watching TV I don’t see the problem.

rainingcatsanddog Sat 11-Aug-18 18:35:39

* Dp happy with this. I’m not as we have two young dd.*

How old are your dd? Are they an age where they might burst in or do they know about sex and you think that they'll want to discuss the topic with you? If it's the latter then they probably know that their brother wants to kiss his gf in private.

smackbangwhollop Mon 13-Aug-18 18:14:57

I've just discovered I'm a dinosaur.

dressesdressesdresses Tue 14-Aug-18 00:04:52

I'm only young my self and this is how me and my now df where at one point.

If I was in this situation I'd want them to leave the door open just at the beginning, just out of respect. If they do open it and I know I can trust them. Then they will be allowed to close it when I say. Also give him condoms and make sure you have the talk and all you can do after that is trust them. Like I said make sure she and he knows to respect your home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: