Talk

Advanced search

Entertaining a 3 month old

(5 Posts)
Memenew Thu 09-Aug-18 14:53:56

Can anyone give me suggestions for entertaining a 3 month old? I'm running out of ideas!!

Whatamuddleduck Sat 11-Aug-18 19:49:59

I too have a 3 month old. I try to go out somewhere that she can see other children every day. Makes her very happy if she can touch them:they talk to her. Rhyme time at the library, local park, baby swim etc.
Then between naps she sits in her bouncer or lays on mat and reaches for toys (10 min max each), she sits on my legs whilst I sing (loves incy wincy). Lay on bed and reach for soft toys/chew them. sit up and look at books with black and white images. We often go for a tour of the house and garden.

She likes lights so I often put her in her bath seat in empty bath and put her projector in there so she gets a light show on the white sides of the bath.
If all else fails, give her my water bottle to play with (£2 from Tesco and all small people love it, no idea why) or let her look at my flowery pj bottoms- bloody loves them!

It can be hard work amusing a person with a 10 minute attention span!

Stealthtoast Sat 11-Aug-18 23:31:09

I would add to that
Music - the radio or rockabye baby lullaby versions of songs on Spotify
Watching me hang up the washing
Sitting in bouncy chair or lying on mat in the garden looking at trees - he seems to really like trees

Kokapetl Mon 13-Aug-18 10:37:00

Really at that age the whole world is exciting and new to them. You really don't need to do anything specific like classes. Their favourite thing is for you to talk or sing to them and carry them around, that's it! Make the most of being able to take them to the places you want to go before they really need entertaining.

With my first it took me a while to realise this. My second baby, as with all my friends' second and subsequent babies, was perfectly happy being left in the corner to watch the toddlers play, or taken with us to wherever we wanted to go. We all agreed at that point how silly we were for not having been more chilled when we only had one baby to worry about!

ElyElyOy Mon 13-Aug-18 11:08:15

They don’t give a damn at this age: make the most of being able to do things you want to do.

Sights, smells, sounds etc are all new and they don’t care if it’s some over-priced over-hyped sensory class, or a walk round the supermarket.

At that age my son liked Ikea and Homebase. I did baby massages too that he seemed to like to try and help his belly aches. Also laying him on play mats and different other surfaces around the house while I went about my chores. His favourite was a 99p foil emergency blanket grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: