Talk

Advanced search

7 year old daughter masturbating at bedtime

(3 Posts)
Flippetydip Mon 06-Aug-18 12:26:00

My DD masturbates every night before she goes to sleep. She went through a period of doing this when she was 5 but stopped when we gave her a "chew toy".

Do I need to do anything about this or is it just fine for her to get on with it? She never does it in public and only ever (as far as I'm aware) at bedtime. I know, because she tells me rather than me having her seen her doing it. I've just said it's not anything to worry about but she doesn't seem to like doing it just that she "needs" to.

OP’s posts: |
Booboostwo Mon 06-Aug-18 13:32:38

It’s perfectly normal. I would be more concerned that she is worried about it rather than accepting it as a normal thing everyone does in private. You seem like you are in two minds about it so maybe she has picked up on your reservations?

How the hell does a chew toy stop anyone from masturbating?! shock grin

Flippetydip Mon 06-Aug-18 14:48:51

Because she said like she need to "chew" - who knows how the mind of a 5-year old works? I'm assuming it's a release of tension rather than anything sexual at age 7.

I guess I am in two minds so maybe she has picked up on that. I'll just reassure her then that it's nothing to worry about again!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in