Talk

Advanced search

11 weeks and not holding head up

(3 Posts)
strikerr1 Thu 26-Jul-18 10:49:39

I was wondering if anyone else's baby had difficulty holding their head up at this age without support? It has definately improved but it is still wuite wobbly. I had a check up yesterday and the doctor seemed quite concerned about her head lag / head control and is sending her for an ultrasound. I dont know if he is just being overly cautious or if it is something to seriosuly worry about but I can’t stop wprrying about it and what it might mean. I don’t think i can wait 6 weeks for a scan without losing my mind! Would also be good to hear from anyone whose baby was late to hold their head but turned out ok?

Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 26-Jul-18 21:07:59

It’s been a while since mine were this age OP so can’t really remember. Hopefully someone will be along soon who has some experience thanks

FranticallyPeaceful Thu 26-Jul-18 21:22:13

Hi,
Is she otherwise okay? Smiling and generally okay? My niece was also late with head balance and she was also a late crawler and walker... but she’s otherwise perfectly fine and healthy!
I wouldn’t worry to be honest , just because it’s not the most common doesn’t make it uncommon or suggest there’s anything wrong flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in