Talk

Advanced search

4 years old bad behaviour

(3 Posts)
Rebecca899 Mon 23-Jul-18 10:51:40

Hi all im looking for advices about my 4 years old child . Shes my youngest ,she dont like no for an answer ,talk back when im telling off and when shes talking ,she will come closer to my face shouting at me ,pointing her finger at me , if she want something i says no she will shout at me give it to me now ,she call me fat like a chicken and sometime she will cover my mouth so i wont talk to her. Naughty step doesnt work she wont even sit ,sending her to her room doesnt work either. Im afraid to say but i feel like i have no power over her and my 7 years old was never like this even at 7 she can be bad sometime but no this bad . Please anyone help

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 25-Jul-18 19:50:35

I’m so sorry that you’re having problems OP. If she’s walking off when you put her in time out, just calmly place her back on the step. Do you get down to her level when you first put her there and calmly exp,sin why she’s there? You can return her to the step as many times as it takes to get her to do the time put. The key is keeping calm and being consistent.

Gem1106 Wed 25-Jul-18 21:28:18

I totally understand what you are going through. My daughter is 3 and is behaving very similar. The only difference is my daughter has episodes of this behavior when there is a change to 'everyday life'. It makes you feel very worn down and as if they are in control. My elder daughter is 10 and like you say, she wasnt like this at all. I am persistant with putting her back in her room, even if its 10 times or more... but then we do the sorrys then it all starts again 5 mins later. You are not alone, not that i have the answers at all. Very far from it x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in