My 7 year old is out of control!!

(3 Posts)
user4123 Sat 14-Jul-18 13:22:25

Since my DS has turned 7 in July he's turned into a right nasty child. He swears at us, throws things at us, hits/punches & kicks us. We have tried time out, taking toys away, no sweets etc, early bedtime but nothing seems to work. It takes 3 hours to get him to stay in bed at night it's just getting to the point where I don't know what else to do. He just laughs at us. What else can I do?

OP’s posts: |
CatsRule Sat 14-Jul-18 19:47:18

Sounds just like my 6 year old and it's tearing us apart. When he's lovely he is unbelievably lovely but his outbursts are monstrous. Anyone seeing his could be forgiven for thinking he is a spoilt, bad tempered, violent brat. He isn't spoilt and we do have boundaries. We appear to be doing all the right things but he is so stubborn and strong willed. He lashes out and hurts us physically. His latest when he doesn't get his own way is to scratch his own face! Sorry, I've no advice, it's so hard.

Teen13nightmare Fri 20-Jul-18 18:21:52

Hi guys, I went through this it turned out my son was being bullied at school, the school did not think I needed to worry but my god I did as I had a devil. Check to make sure all is ok at school talk to them, as our school didn't talk to us until I went in to talk to them. Worth checking especially if this is new behaviour and out the blue.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in