Stuttering and shouting

(2 Posts)
ArchersDad Sun 20-May-18 09:36:35

Hi All I’m new to this so I’m not up on the abbreviations you all use.
My son Archer (4yo) started stuttering a few months back and we went down the usual routes of searching online and contacting the doctor for a referral to a speech therapist.

I know it can be common for children to stutter and it’s a “phase” he will grow out of,
It comes and goes but recently it has been getting a lot worse and he is shouting whilst stuttering, we are trying to ignore it and not bring any attention to it but it’s difficult when he is constantly shouting.

Speech therapist appointment has not yet happened and it’s only a telephone interview for some reason.

Can anybody help with any new advice or anything new to try? We have tried everything.
Thank you in advance

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 20-May-18 11:30:28

Is paying privately to see a Speech & Language Therapist (SLT) an option? If not, I’d call the SLT department tomorrow, explain that things are getting worse and ask for some tips while you wait. I’d also ask them to bring the appointment forward. If you make it clear that you’re struggling and you’re available for an appointment should somebody else cancel, they may just bump up up the list a little.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in