24 week old & Tummy Time.

(7 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Apr-18 17:09:13

LO hates tummy time, I mean HATES it. Always has. Unless she's on our tummies, face to face for cuddles and nap/relax time.

Been able to lift and support head from weeks old so no worry there but she just can not push herself up with her arms. If we put them in position she can hold it for a few seconds then her arms go outwards, she faceplants the ground, tries to get up again but can't so gets annoyed.

I've tried every toy and game from mirrors to our pet being in front of her. Nothing encourages it.

Any tips?! I'm worried she's not developing her arm strength enough. (her legs however...she can already stand if supported by hands or hips.)

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 26-Apr-18 18:49:44

I wouldn’t worry too much. My DS was exactly the same. He’s older now and plays cricket so has plenty of upper body strength.

Do you think swimming would help?

OnNaturesCourse Thu 26-Apr-18 19:06:52

She loves swimming, but just kicks her legs in the pool.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 27-Apr-18 07:57:07

She still sounds like my DS but if you are worried, speak to your HV smile

OnNaturesCourse Fri 27-Apr-18 08:18:15

I don't have a HV yet but when I do I'll raise it.

mincymoo124 Fri 27-Apr-18 11:26:27

Have you tried laying her on her tummy going behind and putting your hand under her chest and gently pulling back one arm at a time it helps strengthen their arms but I wouldn't worry too much just mention it to your hv x

Oysterbabe Sat 28-Apr-18 11:18:56

My DD was the same and never crawled because of it. She ended up bum shuffling and was a very late walker. She's a lively 2 year old now and you'd never know she was a bit delayed with her gross motor skills.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in