Horrendous colic starting at 9 weeks?!

(5 Posts)
TLH0307 Sat 21-Apr-18 16:03:09

Hello, I’m a first time mum and my LG has only started getting colicky symptoms at 9 weeks, I’m worried it may not be colic because surely colic starts earlier? She screams inconsolably from 6pm to bedtime at 9pm, only stopping when we put her in the bath which she loves. This screaming in an evening seems to have only started a few days after she had her 8 week jabs so I’m worried it could be related to that? My HV sort of shrugged it off 😕 otherwise she’s well enough during the day but very very gassy. We wind her and use infacol which works to bring up burps, but she farts like a good ‘en!! Has anybody experiences anything similar?

OP’s posts: |
absolutelycrackers Sat 21-Apr-18 17:58:16

Babies probably tired .
Try more naps

Confusedbeetle Sat 21-Apr-18 19:14:00

The reason your health visitor might have not taken much notice is, as she sjhould have told you, unbelievably normal. It is unlikely to be colic and that usually starts earlier ( but is also a largley unknown thing, despite what people say. So many babies cry in the evening, it is utterly exhausting but if your baby is growing and thriving, not a threat to her. The way round is to find coping mechanisms. Make sure you have nothing else to do at her fretful times (like cooking a meal, or even eating one, prepare to give her undivided attention, It is definitely not the jabs. Some parents find it helpful to push a baby out in a pram ( helps stop you going crazy if she still cries) Enlist the help of family if they will take a turn and you feel able to let them Try not to get too worried. Does she feed? Grow? Look well? These are the important things. If she's doing ok the crying will eventually pass. Cuddle and console as much as poss

Confusedbeetle Sat 21-Apr-18 19:15:07

No one knows why but the time you describe is the commonest time of the day for babies to do this

TLH0307 Sat 21-Apr-18 20:06:39

Thanks for your replies! She sleeps 12 hours at night and has plenty of naps so I don’t think it’s tiredness although I used to think this could be a cause! The only way I can sort of console her is by holding her and standing and hopping around in front of the music channel on telly haha 😂 Will just have to wait it out and hope she grows out of it. She’s fine and well other than this x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in