Talk

Advanced search

Please help me! My baby won't sleep!!

(5 Posts)
kgreen1999 Fri 20-Apr-18 00:35:51

Hi. I'm new here and have no idea if I've posted this in the right place, sorry if I haven't!! Anyways, I'm a new mum to a beautiful 2 week old baby boy and I wouldn't change a thing. However, I've been struggling the past few weeks with anxiety and depression and the midwife has got me put on medication to help me through.

Everything was starting to get better until yesterday, baby boy won't stop crying and screaming. He refuses to settle unless he's on me or in his bouncer chair and he's bringing me to tears. No matter what I do I can't seem to settle him. I wind him, try feeding him and change him and this only seems to settle him for 20 mins max. I'm really struggling to cope. It's now 12:30 am and he will not sleep and if he does it's only for a very short amount of time and it has to be in his bouncer chair and I'm getting paranoid as the midwife says baby should sleep flat on his back.
I really need some help and advice as I feel completely lost and alone in this, I don't feel like a good mum and I'm starting to feel like I can't do this at all. Please help!

OP’s posts: |
JoanFrenulum Fri 20-Apr-18 02:55:51

Google 4th trimester, it’s a thing. My dd is the same.

Flat on back is official advice but like many a piece of official advice, there are times when you get to ignore it temporarily, and “child won’t sleep any other way” is one of those times.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 26-Apr-18 21:07:40

How are you getting on now @kgreen1999?

kgreen1999 Fri 27-Apr-18 18:43:39

@JiltedJohnsJulie The nights are getting much better! He's now 3 wks 1 day and he's now sleeping for 3-4 hours in the night and then waking for a feed. Feel like I'm finally starting to feel somewhat sane again!! Thanks for asking! smile

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 28-Apr-18 06:37:19

That’s really good with a baby so young smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in