Why is he so loud and boisterous??

(3 Posts)
daniellepd1992 Sat 14-Apr-18 22:31:55

Hi all.
I'm looking for some advice as I'm seriously at my wits end.
I have one 7 year old son and on the whole he's a good kid. He's good at school and has lots of friends and I'm always complimented on his manners.
But he's just so loud and boisterous!! Of late he will crash around the house, often hurting himself or breaking things/knocking things over. It's driving me up the wall!!!! He seems to have no regard for his things and will often walk straight onto/into his toys. He also speaks to me at volume 1000 at all times which is driving me to insanity.

I know he's just playing but how do I channel this into something more appropriate, that doesn't end with something broken/him hurt and me wanting wine by 9am

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 15-Apr-18 09:30:09

Sounds like he needs tonnes and tonnes of exercise. Most boys do smile

squealingpiglets Mon 16-Apr-18 20:47:44

Sounds just like my 7 year old. But ontop of that he jumps on & off the chairs & spins around in circles a lot. Talks at a shouting volume, non-stop, all day long! We notice he's worse after being at school all day - its like he's held it in all day then lets it all out at home!

We exercise him in the garden or park every single day after school which helps a little but never stops it completely. Also find avoiding screens for a while before bed & cutting down on sugar helps. I'm hoping he might start to calm down one day soon.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in