Talk

Advanced search

Daughter not mixing in parties

(5 Posts)
jollyhollyday Fri 30-Mar-18 22:39:26

Hi
I am wondering if anyone can help. My 5 year old daughter loves going to childrens parties but in every party she doesn't leave my side. For the most she is totally happy watching her friends run around but on occasion she looks like she really wants to join in but won't. I've tried everything.
I feel I should keep taking her in the hope that one day she will run off and play
She mixes very well in school but those same friends don't want to sit and wait for her in a party environment understandably.
Should I ask someone else to take her to a party to see if she is like this with another member of the family
Should I leave it a few months or carry on as I am
Does anyone have any idea why she may be like this. She is a gentle loving child and full of happiness at home but shy outside of home.

OP’s posts: |
Witchend Fri 30-Mar-18 23:13:01

One of mine was like this. She'd be just about joining in when it was time to go. Keep going and eventually she'll have the confidence to go.

jollyhollyday Fri 30-Mar-18 23:26:48

Thank you. It gives me confidence to know that your child cane through it.

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Sat 31-Mar-18 12:23:02

My DD's best friend was like that in y1 but was confident enough by y2/3 (can't remember) In y3 she slept over for 3 nights and is now travels to secondary school no problem.

jollyhollyday Sat 31-Mar-18 18:57:32

Thank you for replying, you just feel it's just yours as no one else from her class is like it x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in