Talk

Advanced search

Should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
singingpinkmonkey Sat 17-Mar-18 08:51:55

I have a 14 month old and last week he started to walk. Not very far but he could independently toddle across our front room.

He has been really poorly this week and although he is on the mend now, he seems completely reluctant to walk and just crawls everywhere. He seems to have regressed.

I'm just wondering if this is normal or should I be worried about his development?

OP’s posts: |
Kitchenbound Sat 17-Mar-18 13:01:19

My DD1 did this when she wasn't well. I put it down to she was still recovering and walking seemed too much like hard work tbh... I wouldn't panic just yet though. Maybe leave it a week ish? He might still just be a bit run down still so baby version of taking it easy?

Witchend Sat 17-Mar-18 14:43:39

Dd2 did this until she was about 2yo. Walked really early, but when ill went back to crawling. Dd1, who walked late, walked one day and never crawled again.

No worries.

BeeMyBaby Sat 17-Mar-18 14:59:43

My dd1 walked at 15 months when she was with my in laws abroad for 2 weeks but when she came back she just crawled for 2 more months till she was 17mo. I think even small changes/illnesses can set them back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in