Talk

Advanced search

I don't know what to do about my 15 yr old son

(5 Posts)
Nikkif4 Tue 13-Mar-18 02:57:39

So this is the first time I have ever posted anything like this but I could use some help and everyone seems to be helpful so I'm here. I'm a full time hard working single mom of 4 boys so keep that in mind. Lol
The problem is with my oldest son whose 15. He has had his gf for over a year and until recently I liked her enough. I invited her on our family vacation to Disneyland which was the biggest mistake I could have ever made. I finally saw how truly toxic she is. I don't want to go into details but it was horrible. Since we have been home he refuses to come home and now he wants to live with her. She has no parental authority what's so ever and now my son seems to think he's grown up enough to make his own decisions, which is spending the night at her house. She has a Mom who is there sometimes but she's the kind of mom who wants to be her daughters best friend and not parent so she lets her get away with anything she wants, and she messages me that I'm the bad parent bc I am not ok with them sleeping anywhere together. He pretty much has chosen her and her mom over his family and I do t know what to do. He was normal until he started dating her and now he treats me like crap. He's taller and stronger then me and I can't stop him from leaving. Plus he told me they were talking about starting a family!!! At 15! He's going down a horrible road and I'm so scared that he's going to get in more trouble then he already is. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do please let me know. I'm broken and desperate.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 13-Mar-18 16:08:45

Is his Dad still part of his life?

Nikkif4 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:05:34

Not really. i got divorced from his dad when he was in prison for domestic abuse and got full custody of my boys. I've been raising them alone (with the help from my wonderful family) for 5 years now.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 13-Mar-18 20:12:38

Just wondering what you do for a job? Looking after them all and taking them to Disneyland must be bloody expensive.

Nikkif4 Tue 13-Mar-18 22:08:08

I work for a resort in housekeeping. I have been working for them for a few years. I paid for the trip out of my income tax I got back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: