Jealous teenage daughter : new baby

(4 Posts)
Oct18mummy Mon 26-Feb-18 00:04:33

Hi

My daughter an eighteen year old is jealous about myself having a new baby with my husband.

I was a single parent and it was the two of us for until 6 years ago.

She completely freaked out when he asked her if he could marry me and she has now given me an ultimatum I either have a new baby or chose her. If I don’t chose her she will disown me.

I think this is ridiculous she is putting me under this stress and making me choose (something which I’ve told her that I will never do)

I have reassured her and told her how much I love her and that she will never be replaced or rejected.

I’m at the end of my tether- what else can I do except seek professional help?

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 26-Feb-18 10:13:03

Are yiu planning on having another baby? Have you asked her why she is so upset?

How is her life going? Is she still in school? Is she doing ok, knows what she wants to do and how to get there? Does she have friends?

Oct18mummy Mon 26-Feb-18 14:29:48

She is upset as she feels this child is planned and will be loved whilst she sees herself as a mistake. I give her constant reassurance, love, time etc I really don’t see what else I can do

Her life is going really well she is predicted to do really well at school, has 3 university places to choose from, she has lots of friends

It just makes no sense I’m trying to sit down with her this week to discuss further but she is being so stubborn and giving me this ultimatum

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 26-Feb-18 18:02:24

Could you take her out for a meal, just you two and talk this through? Does she have a problem with your DH?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in