Talk

Advanced search

Nearly three weeks and constant crying

(8 Posts)
hollyindie Thu 08-Feb-18 17:15:35

HELP ME!!

I've had 3 hours sleep last night so please be gentle I'm at my wits end and just need advice! I have HV tomorrow but I just can't cope!

My baby is 3 weeks Saturday and over the last 2 and bit weeks he has got worse and worse!

First week we had a very fussy crying baby from 9pm - 11pm so midwife said colic and to try infacol with feeds and to ride it out. I did for couple more days until health visitor came round and she said about comfort milk. He been on Aptamil first and we switched to Aptamil Comfort and since then my god!!

Screaming fits - all day long! After every feed, during his feed and winding, wanting 5oz every 2 hours now when it was 4oz every 4 hours, Gagging, sneezing, he seems in pain with his tummy, he passes stool once every 26/27 hours and it's either really soft or hard! He is sick after feeds sometimes on small spit up sometimes significantly more and projectile.

I went to doctor yesterday and he said reflux and to try ranitidine for a week and see how it goes but thats not helping he just screams all day and all night. He never seems to be asleep (he been awake since half 2 this morning with 2 half hour naps!)
He wakes up from his sleep screaming.

Can someone help me?? Any advice

Plonker85 Thu 08-Feb-18 19:47:17

Poor you this sounds so so tough.

A classic mumsnet thing to say but do you have a sling that you put baby in? Helped with my DS loads when he was crying.

hollyindie Thu 08-Feb-18 20:45:25

I didn't have one but just gone to buy one tonight so I hope this helps! He is so clingy to me and will sleep if he is upright on my chest but I'm unable to do anything so hopefully it will help

Thank you smile xx

FuzzyFeet Thu 08-Feb-18 21:54:27

That’s tough. It sounds like you’re really trying everything you can! I hope a sling helps. It should. Babies are incredibly vaunerable little humans and instincti drives them to keep their adults very close, which can be exhausting but is completely natural. Most babies do go through a period of excessive crying, and quite often there is no obvious cause, but it comes to an end! And if it is reflux, keeping him upright in a sling will definitely help.

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Thu 08-Feb-18 23:30:19

Did you change back to Aptamil First?

hollyindie Fri 09-Feb-18 09:01:28

Yes I changed back to Aptamil first yesterday and no change yet he did sleep good last night but I don't know if that's because he literally didn't sleep all day yesterday xx

hollyindie Fri 09-Feb-18 15:37:53

Just to update incase anyone else going through this!

My health visitor told me sounds like CMA and to go to GP so we made appointment and she confirmed it's a cows milk allergy so we on prescription milk now let's hope that this helps

BreadEggsSalmon Fri 09-Feb-18 20:40:01

I was just about to say that....my son was diagnosed with this and I was so relieved when they gave us the prescription formula. It took around two weeks for him to fully settle but after that he was like a different baby. I also gave him a dummy so to help with any reflux and that definitely helped. Only prob is he is hooked on the dummy for sleeping now! So glad you got a quick diagnosis and hope you all manage to get some sleep now xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: