Talk

Advanced search

The hitting phase!

(5 Posts)
Rebeccaslicker Thu 08-Feb-18 10:45:39

My gorgeous sweet baby has turned into the toddler with the terrible 2's! 😭

Any ideas how to stop her from hitting, mostly me, but sometimes her dad? I think it's mostly frustration. We've tried holding her hands gently and saying that hitting isn't nice/makes us sad and we've tried ignoring it and we've tried saying no - nothing has worked so far.

Any ideas how to bring this irritating phase to a close? I'm scared she'll do it at nursery or soft play or something!!

Sheepoverthemoon Thu 08-Feb-18 16:34:04

Hi,

I just want to say your not alone. I've just bought a book called hands are not for hitting for toddlers and i love the gentle parenting book, gentle hands, and for us? gin.. good luck x

Rebeccaslicker Thu 08-Feb-18 17:03:45

Ooh thanks sheep - I'll hit up Amazon.

Can't have the gin as number 2 will be here in a month or so, all being well. Little does she know she'll be a human punchbag at this rate 😭😭😭 - but leaves more gin for you!!

Sheepoverthemoon Thu 08-Feb-18 19:54:21

mine is very good with babys, she knows she has to be gentle, its probably little person complex with bigger kids/people and like you say frustration. cake is also good x

Kokokiki Tue 13-Feb-18 16:36:48

I am suffering the same, scratching, hitting, biting, and hyperactivity.... My face is full scars, i do cut his nails but still does hard

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: