Talk

Advanced search

91st percentile problems - long baby

(2 Posts)
butterybean Tue 06-Feb-18 10:51:31

Looking for a bit of advice. My 3 month old is on the 91st percentile for everything. He's very long and wears age 9-12 month clothes, size 4 nappies and is very nearly too long for the bassinet bit of his pram, but because he isn't 6 months he can't use the other upright pushchair attachment.

The next to me crib is nearly too small but i dont want to move him out of our room yet.

Any ideas what to do?

LuckyinOctober Wed 07-Feb-18 14:58:10

My little one is also 91st percentile although she’s 12 months now. At 3 months she went off the pram anyway and we used a combination of baby carrier/ sling and car seat on buggy wheels until she could use the buggy - it’s ok to do the buggy once they sit independently which may well be before 6 months, for us it was at 5 months. You can also get buggies that tilt back like prams which ours does and you can use them tilted back earlier. We swapped to a full size cot with the side removed and against our bed at around 4 months I think, that might be an option? Also just buy whatever size works, we’re now in age 2 clothes and size 5 nappies. It probably is helpful to warn relatives they’re in a bigger size so you don’t get too small clothes as presents though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: