Talk

Advanced search

my 10 month old never sleeps!

(3 Posts)
Anon120055509 Mon 05-Feb-18 07:20:51

my 10 month old has recently for the past few weeks been going to sleep at 7, asleep for 7:30. Then waking at 12am, 4am and then wide awake at 5:30.
I’ve tried everything! Bed time earlier, later, bath, no bath, pitch black, nightlight. He doesn’t have a soother and used to be so good at self soothing but now he can stand once his eyes open he’s stood up and shouting for us. He will only really want a bottle at 12am and then the next few times he wakes he isn’t interested in a bottle until about 6:30-7.
Even at naps he isn’t the best. He will sleep for about 45-60 minutes at a time. How long should he nap for throughout the day? I’ve seen people’s babies sleep 2 hours in the morning and 2 of an afternoon so should I give my ds 4 naps of a day because he only sleeps for an hour at most at a time?

Help!

OP’s posts: |
NerNerNerNerBATMAN Tue 06-Feb-18 21:48:18

We had this, it nearly broke me.

We tried EVERYTHING before I agreed to DH's barbaric suggestion of sleep training. It took about 3 nights but it did work. I hated it, but was absolutely at my wits end with sleep deprivation.

Other things to consider; is DS in his own room? Ours wasn't and we didn't realise that we were waking them every time we moved, they went through a phase of being really light sleepers.

It will get better flowers

Anon120055509 Tue 06-Feb-18 22:28:35

Thank you for your reply! My LO has been in his own room since 6 months we used to always wake him, I always toss and turn in the night!
We did try sleep training and it worked brilliantly but now that my LO can stand it doesn’t work at all, he just constantly stands up in his cot no matter how many times we put him back down.

My current method is bathtime sleep soaks so fingers crossed 😅 I also think he might be alittle cold in his room so working on making his room a little hotter. Thank you again for getting in touch!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in