Talk

Advanced search

What Educational toddler TV programmes are there ?

(11 Posts)
pullonyourjudgypants Sun 04-Feb-18 21:26:43

We don’t have a tv so I have to download or you tube find series on iTunes.
Just looked on CBeebies online but I haven’t a clue what is suitable for an 18 month old. Need short programme suggestions, I can use when needed.
What is educational ? He currently watches something special - mr tumble or nursery rhyme videos on you tube. Thanks in advance

pullonyourjudgypants Mon 05-Feb-18 08:16:06

Any ideas ?

Pansiesandredrosesandmarigolds Mon 05-Feb-18 11:30:02

Depends what you mean by educational. Sarah & Duck and Abney and Teal are beautiful and teach kindness & storytelling.

MonkeyBrainsInPickle Mon 05-Feb-18 21:13:52

Little Baby Bum

HelloMist Tue 06-Feb-18 09:47:28

In the Night Garden good for that age. Show Me Show Me, Twirliwoos, Teletubbies are all good.

pullonyourjudgypants Tue 06-Feb-18 16:00:08

Thanks some great ideas. Will try some of these.

I have tried Nightgarden but he won’t watch it just walks off.

Are there are programmes with people rather than cartoons / puppets etc. I downloaded some pajaminals puppet thing but my little one wasn’t interested. He seems to like real people talking, as he loves Justin / Mr tumble.

HelloMist Tue 06-Feb-18 19:11:35

Show Me Show Me is people. smile You could try Balamory as have heard good things but I've only seen one.

Sunshinegirl82 Tue 06-Feb-18 20:57:59

My 19 month old loves Andy's Baby Animals, he's also quite keen on My Pet and Me. Something Special is quite a favourite too.

emsmum79 Sat 10-Feb-18 15:41:29

Dinosaur Train is good

pullonyourjudgypants Sat 10-Feb-18 17:12:25

I’ve downloaded the kids iPlayer for bbc. Sarah and Duck is very sweet. My DS likes biggletown too. Some programmes we’ve watched are a bit too old for him and too long to keep his attentionbut will find the right ones with trial and error. He did watch Andy’s baby animals too.

Stealthtoast Sat 10-Feb-18 23:17:40

Small Potatoes was an early favourite here! on you tube. great music and very short

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now