Talk

Advanced search

8 month old not babbling

(7 Posts)
glnlibra Tue 16-Jan-18 11:49:40

My baby is 8 months old and not yet making any consonant sounds. He makes vowel sounds, sometimes high pitched sounds and occasionally tries to imitate. He is physically on track and can crawl, pull himself up and is starting to cruise. He smiles, laughs, makes eye contact and understands some things (where are the twirlywoos?) etc. He has not yet clapped or waved but makes his hands flat so that you can clap his hands for him.
I am so anxious and panicking about his lack of sounds as I know the majority of other babies his age are a lot further on in this area.
Does anybody have any experience of this with their own children?

OP’s posts: |
cedoren Tue 16-Jan-18 17:23:10

One of mine didn't babble until 9 months on the dot. I think that's fine, although I'm not an expert.

icantdothis2017 Tue 16-Jan-18 20:38:53

Mine didn't until 11 months

Stace175 Tue 16-Jan-18 22:09:29

All children are different and develop at different paces.
As long as he is reaching some of the milestones. And he seems a happy, healthy, normal baby. Then you shouldn't worry. Just enjoy every moment. My daughter still didn't crawl at 1 years old. But my son was walking at 11 months. Just give him time. smile

Ginger1982 Wed 17-Jan-18 14:10:22

Don't panic! My son is 9 months and can't crawl or pull himself up but he babbles non stop and has 4 teeth! They all develop at different rates x

Newmum26 Wed 17-Jan-18 20:10:17

I wrote an almost identical post the other day!
My LO is 8 Months and is a happy smiley and vocal baby makes lots of oooohs and aaaah and has recently taken to doing this high pitched squealing and shouting and is crawling pulling up etc x

glnlibra Wed 17-Jan-18 20:29:07

Thank you for all of your replies. I know I need to relax and enjoy him being a baby. It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in