9 year old eating issues

(4 Posts)
angelmum2018 Mon 15-Jan-18 13:50:33

Hi

I need help with my 9 year old daughter who is giving me huge pain in eating her food. She has always been a fussy eater but since last few months, her resistance to eating has increased significantly.
She would just not come on the dining table or even while sitting would continue to talk or do other things and not eat food. She is happy to eat when a phone is given to her but again would be very slow and wait for someone to help her out. I am not sure whether she is really not hungry any time or just having behavioral issues. The latter seems like a more likeable cause. It is causing such a stress in our family. Her growth is being impacted by this.
I know it is a very common topic but any directions here will be really helpful. Thanks very much.

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 15-Jan-18 16:05:09

Is she eating between meals? If you think her growth is being affecting, has she dropped centiles?

angelmum2018 Tue 16-Jan-18 09:43:30

No, she doesn't eat between meals. She does a lot of sport and is not eating enough. That is my main concern. I am sure her centile might have dropped. I have not checked it recently.

OP’s posts: |
EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 17-Jan-18 15:58:48

If you really do think her growth is being affected, I’d measure her, in a fun way if you can then check her centiles. If she’s dropping through the height centiles it might be worth a chat with the School Nurse or GP.

If she’s not eating much and doing lots of sport, are yiu giving her a Vit D and calcium supplement?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in