Any idea what this is about?

(4 Posts)
mumpoints Mon 08-Jan-18 21:38:20

DS threw his soft toy on top of the wardrobe today. He was playing throw and catch in the bedroom and it went a little high. It has happened once before and DH stood on a chair and got it down with a broom handle (we have really high wardrobes) so I tried the same. I couldn't reach it (much shorter than DH!) so I told DS we would have to wait until daddy got home...

DS mentioned it a couple of times in the day: "Oh, softy is on the wardrobe" and I reassured him that it was fine and we'd get it down when daddy got home. Then he got a little whiny: "But daddy won't be able to get him down". I told him "I'm sure he will and anyway he'll try his best..." etc.

Fast forward to this evening. DH comes home, gets down softy, gives him to DS and DS immediately throws him back on top of the wardrobe and says it doesn't want to be down!

Fine... but why? He normally cuddles that toy in bed every night. Do you think this is a new feeling (sort of melancholy or something) for DS and he wants to prolong it? Or has he grown out of it and that is the end of softy for good?!

OP’s posts: |
CheapSausagesAndSpam Mon 08-Jan-18 23:47:20

I remember deliberately trapping myself in a weird area in my childhood home simply because I liked the attention.

Were you busy when softy got stuck?

mumpoints Tue 09-Jan-18 10:25:01

I was getting dressed, in the same room and chatting. Maybe it was that attention.

We missed DS's favourite TV programme yesterday. He's not a big TV watcher, so wasn't bothered. Today, whilst waiting for it to come on (I switched on the TV a little early whilst the programme before was on) DS ran into the kitchen and said "Oh, I've missed it!" It hadn't even started!

I think he likes the excitement of things being out of the ordinary.

mumpoints Tue 09-Jan-18 10:35:37

Meant to say "Maybe it was attention".

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in