Talk

Advanced search

Is he bullying?

(3 Posts)
Mumzyto2 Sun 07-Jan-18 20:45:08

Is my son being bullied or am I being to sensitive? My son has always been very shy and sensitive. He moved into reception in September with a friend from his pre school who have been extremely close and play a lot together. However my son will come out of school and say things like his friend didn’t let him play today, or threw sand in his face and ran away from him. He says his friend decides who they play with and if he wants to play with someone he asks him if he can, which of course is preventing him from making other friendships.

He started wetting himself at school and said it was because his friend was naughty to him sometimes but still they continue to play together all the time as well.

The first day back at school after Christmas said friend was not there and my son had the best day playing with other boys. Friday I picked him up and he told me he had to play by himself because ‘friend’ said no when he tried to play with him and the other boys. Saturday we had a party, he was playing away until friend got there and then I couldn’t see him, I went to the back of the slide and he was there in the corner by himself all upset. I got upset myself as it broke my heart.

I have spoke to the boys Mum previously but it didn’t get me anywhere and I did mention to the teacher his reason for weeing himself a lot but I don’t know what to do now as he has a mad hold on him and picks him up and dumps him when he wants, and my son just lets him.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Capelin Sun 07-Jan-18 22:36:09

I’d go back to his teacher and have a proper chat with her - make an appointment if you can. I’d hesitate to use the word bullying, but a reception teacher will be used to dealing with friendship issues. Explain what you’ve said about the other boy saying he can’t play etc, and ask her to keep an eye on things.

laura6032 Tue 09-Jan-18 17:13:43

As PP talk to teacher, if need be request that they be kept separate, it's not fair on your son. I wouldnt say it's bullying I think they're too young, the other boy may be struggling with things, but your priority is your boy. And he's better out of this boys shadow

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in