Wrist twirling when excited

(6 Posts)
PasstheStarmix Sat 06-Jan-18 09:45:18

That

PasstheStarmix Sat 06-Jan-18 09:44:53

That's is completely normal. It's unbelievably cute as well. Make sure you get plenty videos as when he's older you'll be dying to see the wrist twirling just one more time.

Newmum26 Sat 06-Jan-18 07:56:36

Thank you so much for replying!
That's exactly when he does it aswell when he's in his high chair about to have his food. He gets so excited and his little hands are going 😊 x

OP’s posts: |
Witchend Fri 05-Jan-18 22:28:49

Every child I've known has done this at that age. smile
Worry if he still does it at 5yo.

c737 Fri 05-Jan-18 21:32:43

Yes my 2.5 year old used to do this (in fact I had forgotten that he did this and it’s msking me smile remembering his excited little expression and wrists twirling crazily!) he especially used to do it when he was in his high chair and was about to be fed!

I worried like you and spent ages googling it, worrying myself even more, but he is a remarkably happy, neurotypical, sociable boy who has met all his milestones and I think you’ll find your boy will be exactly the same.

Your HV is spot on - it’s just his way of showing excitement and you’ll miss these lovely little quirks when he’s older!

Newmum26 Fri 05-Jan-18 17:51:42

My little boy is 8 Months Old and when he gets excited he twirls his wrists round like he's revving a motorbike. He's always gotten exited when seeing his favourite toy or being fed etc and is very expressive with this hands.
I'm worried sick about it being an early sign of autism as this is one of the signs.
He has no other signs of 'early autism' is a happy, interactive and clever little boy. He is meetings milestones.
I guess I just wondered if anyone else's baby does this or did this and it turned out to be normal?
I spoke to my HV about it and she said it's his way of expressing himself and showing his excitement 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in